January 23, 2011

Moab Half Marathon

running

Well in order to get back in shape and get running again I took the plunge and entered the lottery for the Moab half in March. This race is pretty popular and requires runners to enter a lottery and only a portion of those who entered the lottery actually get selected to run the race. Fortunately for me and my neighbor we were both selected.

A few weeks ago I was sitting on the couch late one night thinking I had better make reservations for a hotel room. After about 3 hours on the web and phone I think I finally reserved the last room in all of Moab. Nevertheless Karina and the kids will be able to accompany me and cheer me on! For awhile I had thought we may be sleeping in the car on the side of the road.

Hoping to get sub 2:30:00 which would shave about 8 minutes of my current PR.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment